There are many reasons you might want to switch to wood pellet bedding over traditional choices like wood shavings or straw. Learn what are the benefits of animal bedding pellets over wood shavings. Learn what are the benefits of animal bedding pellets over wood shavings.
When it comes to bedding material, animal bedding pellets are a wise choice. You’ll find many benefits to choosing animal bedding pellets over wood shavings and other traditional bedding choices. Benefits of using wood pellets include:
- Highly absorbent: Wood pellets are 2.5 times more absorbent than wood shavings. One 40 lb bag can absorb to saturation up to 11 gallons of water.
- Consistent texture: Bedding pellets are similar in size and shape when used in whole pellet form or moistened, sawdust form.
- Easy to clean up: Soiled and saturated spots can be easily removed to make clean up simple. Odors are also absorbed and your habitat smells fresher, longer.
- Compostable: You can easily compost wood bedding pellets. Pellets are biodegradable. Soiled and saturated pellets can breakdown into material that makes fertilizer for your garden.
- 100 percent natural: Energy Pellets of American makes animal bedding pellets from untreated wood pallets. No chemicals are used in the pelletizing process. This makes our pellets 100 percent natural.
- Easy on the wallet: Because wood pellets are more absorbent they last longer in stalls and habitats. Their ease of clean up saves time and labor. This makes them a budget-conscious product.
Additionally, unlike wood shavings, straw and sawdust, animal bedding pellets won’t stick to fur, blankets and other bedding. Additionally, the low-dust formulation reduces the amount of particulate matter in the air to help avoid respiratory problems sometimes caused by breathing in fine particles.
One 40 lb bag of wood pellets is equal to approximately 2.5 bales of wood shavings. This means in moistened, expanded form you can fill a 5.5-square-foot habitat to a depth of about 1.5 inches with a single bag. A 12-foot by 12-foot horse stall might take between 6 and 8 bags of wood animal bedding pellets to reach a desired and comfortable depth.
Are you sold on animal bedding pellets? Learn more about the benefits of animal bedding pellets or place your order today by calling (937) 265-0676.